I'm Thor, a web developer and designer living in the Bay Area, CA. I graduated from Reed College in 2016 and recently completed UC Berkeley Extension's full-stack coding bootcamp. I'm a passionate learner, and always looking for new ways to expand my knowledge and skill-set.
I'm interested in technology, design, philosophy, politics, teaching, and writing. I appreciate being able to work closely and creatively with people to come up with ideal solutions.
When I'm not coding, I like to rock climb at my local climbing gym. I love to travel, and have spent significant time exploring and living in other countries. I also built my desktop PC that I use for playing games or working with 3D rendering software like the Unity engine.
I am available for freelance work, so if you have a web project that's still in the idea phase send me an email and we can get started!
"Fast, affordable, and true to our specifications. Thor took our very old office site and dragged it into the 21st Century adding analytics, making it mobile-friendly, polishing the look and feel, but keeping it simple, as requested. It was like a window-washing in an old house you just can't leave. On another site, Thor supplied us with spot-on guidance to build a site aimed at eliciting public response for a study project. We love his fast, efficient, time on task service." — Brancart & Brancart, client
- keyboard_arrow_right React.js
- keyboard_arrow_right Semantic HTML5
- keyboard_arrow_right CSS3 and SCSS
- keyboard_arrow_right jQuery
- keyboard_arrow_right Bootstrap and Materialize
- keyboard_arrow_right Node.js
- keyboard_arrow_right NPM and a variety of packages
- keyboard_arrow_right Express routing
- keyboard_arrow_right MySQL (with Sequelize)
- keyboard_arrow_right MongoDB (with Mongoose)
- keyboard_arrow_right Working with RESTful API's
- keyboard_arrow_right Proficient with Squarespace, Wordpress, and other CMS's
- keyboard_arrow_right Git/Github branching and workflow
- keyboard_arrow_right Adobe XD/Figma prototyping
- keyboard_arrow_right Agile methodologies
- keyboard_arrow_right Writing and research